We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas in giardini naxos

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
christmas in giardini naxos

i'm going to be in giardini naxos for about 4 days starting christmas day. not planning on having a car but totally interested in taking buses/trains to other nearby spots. any suggestions for things to do? i'm not sure what's going on and what will be open during the holidays, but i'm very interested in finding the area's hidden gems, unique experiences, quirky characters, and just the kinds of local flavor that will make my trip rich and memorable.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,823 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: christmas in giardini naxos

Welcome to Sicily Lorelei B!

Giardini Naxos is a seasonal beach resort town and not the best destination in winter.

25 and 26 December are also national holidays, so public transport would run on a Sunday or holiday schedule (festivo or Domenica).

http://www.bestofsicily.com/faqs.htm#holidays

You might visit Catania by train or Interbus, and also Taormina by Interbus.

Vagabonda

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: christmas in giardini naxos

Hey Vagabonda,

Thanks for the reply, great to hear from a destination expert! I'm so excited for my visit. Definitely gonna try to see catania and taormina, and hopefully also palermo and mt etna. I'm looking through the destination pages for things to do, do you have any other tips in the quirky/hidden gems category for this area? maybe some stuff that's a little off the beaten path. think i saw a reference somewhere to a hidden farm but not sure what it was. would love more stuff like that!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,823 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: christmas in giardini naxos

Ciao Lorelei B,

Giardini Naxos isn’t the best base for a day trip to Palermo, but Taormina, Etna, Catania, and Siracusa are viable possibilities, and you might also enjoy a visit to a winery.

Regards,

Vagabonda

4. Re: christmas in giardini naxos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 28, 2012