We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolomites

Which Cortina d'Ampezzo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Dolomites

My wife and I would like to visit the Dolomites for a week in September 2009. Any suggestions regarding the itinerary or accomodations. We like small hotels or B & B. Should we stay for a week at the same place ? We will be arriving at the Venice airport.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolomites

Hi,

I would use either Alta Badia or Val Gardena as a base to explore the Dolomites. You could split the time between the two also. We stayed at and can highly recommend:

In St. Christina (Val Gardena)...

www.garniariston.com

In La Villa (Alta Badia)(We LOVE this place)...

www.montanara.it

Itinerary...

Besides driving the passes (Gardena, Sella, etc) which gives you dramatic up close Dolomite vistas, cable car rides and walks amongst outstanding Dolomite scenery (Mount Seuc up to the Seiser Alm for one), there are many beautiful and charming old towns to explore which are very easy day trips using either or both places as a "home" base.

www.brixen.org

www.val-gardena.com

www.bruneck.it

www.alpedisiusi-seiseralm.com/eng/index.html

www.altabadia.com

Hope this helps get you started.

Paul

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolomites

Posta Zirm (see TA reviews) has some special deals for September.Much reduced rates at this Spa hotel if you are also over 50. Incredible scenery located between La Villa and Selva.

Try www.postazirm.com This offer was mentioned in the Times last weekend.

HH

New York
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolomites

wife, 15 yr old daughter and self going to cortina late this month - ideas for hiking, day trips, etc????

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolomites

Hi TrailJester,

See my response above. In adition to my above post, there's a good cable car trip (Lagazoui) from the Falzarego Pass, not far west of Cortina.

Paul

5. Re: Dolomites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 09, 2009