We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Civitavecchia train station to cruise port

NY, NY
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Travelling from Civitavecchia train station to cruise port

We will be sailing out of Civitavecchia on April 18 and will be arriving at the train station from Rome. What is the best way to get to the port and would I still need a shuttle to the ship. How far is the train station from the port so that I allow myself enough time?

52 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,996 posts
43 reviews
51. Re: Travelling from Civitavecchia train station to cruise port

From the train station to the free port shuttle bus at Largo della Pace is just under one mile on foot.

There is a pedestrian entrance to the port just past the McDonald's, less than a half mile from the train station, but this is only relevant for ships berthed at #s 9-12, you can't walk to the others.

Note that this map of the port is oriented with east at the top so it can be a little confusing: https:/…mappa-del-porto

Wimborne Minster...
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
52. Re: Travelling from Civitavecchia train station to cruise port

We traveled independently to the port from the Fiumicino airport to the Civitavecchia train station. As there is no direct line to the port we had to change trains at Roma Trastevere then onto the station for the port.

If you have cases with you and are not very good in negotiating two steep stairs cases when changing platforms, then my advice would be go direct to Roma Termini and then onto the port station at Civitavecchia. Another tip, on the train from Rome you have more luggage space than you can access.

We booked our train tickets on-line through Trentitalia website and the trains were very punctual on all our train journeys, good information indicating which station we were approaching,

Edited: 12:39 pm, October 11, 2018
Reply to: Travelling from Civitavecchia train station to cruise port
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia