We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Rome to Civitacecchia

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Rome to Civitacecchia

I will be taking a train from Rome to Civitavecchia in December. Are there taxis that will take you to the cruise ship, and is it too far to walk with luggage?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,480 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Rome to Civitacecchia

When you arrive in Civitiveccia, it is only about a 10 minute walk to the entrance to the port. When you get to the port entrance, there is a free shuttle bus to take you to the cruise terminal.

When we were there last month, I don't recall seeing any taxis at the train station, but I wasn't looking for them either. I had absolutely no problem rolling my suitcase on the sidewalk from the train station to the port entrance. Unless you have a lot of luggage, you should be able to manage it OK without a taxi.

2. Re: Train from Rome to Civitacecchia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia