We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from Civitavecchia rail station to cruise ship

Atlanta, Georgia
7 posts
Save Topic
taxi from Civitavecchia rail station to cruise ship

Is there taxi service available from the Civitavecchia rail station to the actual ships? thanks

Mentioned in this post
Civitavecchia
Civitavecchia
Province of Rome, Italy
Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from Civitavecchia rail station to cruise ship

Most of the ships have a free shuttle service. When you get off the train, go out the main doors and turn right, go to the next street and go left toward the sea. You will cross a busy street and end up on the sidewalk on the other side. Then go right, down the hill and on the left you will find the shuttle buses for the ship.

Atlanta, Georgia
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from Civitavecchia rail station to cruise ship

can you tell me if there is specifically TAXI service to/from the Civitavecchia train staion to the actual ship, not to the port gate, but to the ship itself?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,603 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi from Civitavecchia rail station to cruise ship

You could post a question at Cruise Critic:

http://www.cruisecritic.com

Level Contributor
2 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from Civitavecchia rail station to cruise ship

You can walk. It is near.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
46 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi from Civitavecchia rail station to cruise ship

I had the same question, which is unanswered here so far. With sevl. ships in port, the intra-port shuttle bus for our HAL ship last time did NOT pick up its pax at the port entry like Costa's, but 200-300 yds further north. Not good and plenty tiring with heavy luggage. Let us know if you learned the answer, as I'd like to use my rental car this October to bring bags directly to the cruise terminal.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
46 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi from Civitavecchia rail station to cruise ship

Please see my post (#5) below and advise if you ever found your answer.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,125 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi from Civitavecchia rail station to cruise ship

We took a cruise from Civitiveccia last month. There was NOT a shuttle bus from the Civitiveccia rail station to the ship. The entry to the port is about a 10 minute walk from the rail station. But as soon as we entered the port gates, there was a shuttle bus that took us to the ship's terminal.

I do not recall seeing any taxis at the rail station. Nor did anyone approach us about taking a taxi to the port and it was obvious that's where we were going with our luggage.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
65,383 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi from Civitavecchia rail station to cruise ship

If I remember correctly (I haven't been to Civ this year), there is no way to get to a cruise ship other than the shuttle buses. In all my visits there I have never seen any private vehicles near the cruise berths. I believe that the port authority controls access to the port area and provides the shuttles.

9. Re: taxi from Civitavecchia rail station to cruise ship

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia