We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking the train from Rome to Civitavecchia

Toronto, Ontario
4 posts
Save Topic
Taking the train from Rome to Civitavecchia

I will be taking a Celebrity cruise on Aug 4th leaving from Civitavecchia. I plan to take the train from the Termini station in Rome because the taxi is relatively expensive.

My question is does anyone know if you have to switch train at Trastevere? I was told that you purchase a ticket to go from Rome to Trastevere and then you need to buy another ticket to go from Trastevere to Civitavecchia. If you need to embark and debark 2 times before you reach the port may be a taxi is not a bad idea.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Civitavecchia
Civitavecchia
Province of Rome, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Trastevere
Trastevere
12,454 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Mangawhai, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
391. Re: Taking the train from Rome to Civitavecchia

I cheapest and easy way to do it is just walk.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
392. Re: Taking the train from Rome to Civitavecchia

Chandler, Leep asked that question in 2006, so I think her cruise is over ... This must be one of the longest-running threads in TA history.

393. Re: Taking the train from Rome to Civitavecchia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 27, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia