We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cruise celebrity on Oct 5th.

Which Civitavecchia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
cruise celebrity on Oct 5th.

lWe will be arriving in Rome on Oct 4th .....how do we get into the city of rome without paying a huge amount of money. We then must go to the seaport in rome from the hotel, any ideas of certain taxis or shuttle that would be more reasonable than what we have already found.

Excursions....from Naples ...to perhaps Almalfi...any ideas of excursion companies that would do this that are much more reasonable then the ships excursions.

Sicily...????

Thanks for any suggestions. Anyone going on the Equinox Celebrity leaving on Oct. 5th perhaps we could arrange things together.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cruise celebrity on Oct 5th.

hi I have found www.smartcruisetours.com to have exceptionally good prices for Rome. I would like to find some similar solutions for Livorno/Pisa/Florence but so far I am planning on using the train there.

Edited: 3:03 pm, June 03, 2012
england
Level Contributor
137 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cruise celebrity on Oct 5th.

If you are flying into Rome and have a bit of time the trains are very good into the city and the trains from Rome central to Civitavechia are also very frequent and cheap. We have just come back from a cruise that stopped in Naples and went to Pompeii on the train which also goes to sorrento or Herculaneum. There is a tram that goes to the station right outside the port.

england
Level Contributor
137 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cruise celebrity on Oct 5th.

We have taken the train to Pisa before and found it very easy, but I think you might have to change trains to get to Florence and I am not sure how frequent they go.

alexandria, virginia
Level Contributor
40 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cruise celebrity on Oct 5th.

My husband and myself are also on the same cruise. There are several companies that can transport. I have contacted www.airportshuttle.it who will charge a reduced rate when there are more passengers . A shared shuttle We arrive in FCO October 5 at 8am

Let me know if that works for you

5. Re: cruise celebrity on Oct 5th.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia