We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quaint Towns near Civitivecchia

Which Civitavecchia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Topic
Quaint Towns near Civitivecchia

Leaving fron Siena to Civitavecchia for a cruise. I think it might be to far on the day of the cruise to leave Siena to get to the cruise about 1pm. Does anyone have a suggestion for a 1night hotel stay in a town close to Civitavecchia? MY stay in Italy is getting shorter and shorter and I want to use my time wisely. I will be using trains for my transportation so I need to be close to a train station. Thanks for any suggestions?

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Quaint Towns near Civitivecchia

Tarquinia? Hilltop town with medieval towers and an Etruscan museum. Faster to get to from Siena than Rome and only about 10 minutes by train from Civitavecchia. The train station is below the town, but there are frequent buses. You can also take a bus from the town to Civitavecchia.

california
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quaint Towns near Civitivecchia

Are you saying that the trains are faster from Siena than Rome to get to Civitavecchia? Tarquinia sounds beautiful and I think that would be a good choice. Don't want to be far from the cruise the night before. Thank you for your reply!!!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quaint Towns near Civitivecchia

No, I'm saying Siena-Tarquinia is faster than Siena-Rome. And Tarquinia-Civitavecchia is much faster than Rome-Civitavecchia.

california
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Quaint Towns near Civitivecchia

Thanks for your help. I think i will look for accomodations in Tarquinia.

5. Re: Quaint Towns near Civitivecchia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 17, 2012