We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia.

California
2 posts
Save Topic
Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia.

I am going on a cruise with my husband on Aug 29, 2007 via Carnival. We'll arrive Rome on Sunday afternoon, 8/26 and stay there until the 29th (the cruise ship will leave the port at 7 PM). We are planning to take public transportation (train or bus) from Rome to Civitavecchia on Wed, 8/29th. Is it convenient to take the bus or train, this is our first time to travel. How far is the train terminal to the actual location where we will embark? Does the port provide shuttles to the point of embarkation? Please advise. Thank you.

Also, at the end of the cruise we are flying to Milan and we are planning to hire private transportation to the Airport to avoid delay or can we also take the train to the airport to save money. How far is Civitavecchia to the airport (FCO or is there a more convenient airport to fly to Milan?). We haven't booked our flight yet to Milan.

Again thank you.

Calgary
Level Contributor
9 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia.

Hey, we'll be on the same cruise! We have been to Rome once so we're heading straight to the pier. I understand its 1.5 hours away from the airport. We're taking the transfer from Carnival cruiseline.

California
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia.

Hi!

So we'll be in the same cruise. Have you arranged your shore excursions at the other ports that we are visiting? We are looking for groups to join in. Please let us know. Thank you.

Alberta
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia.

Have you made arrangements for your transportation from Rome to Civitavecchia already and vice/versa? We only require the return trip from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino Airport in Rome. Any tips would be appreciated. We leave July 19, 07.

Redmond, OR
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia.

Did you ever get an answer to the best way from Rome to Civitavecchia? We are cruising this summer (Aug 19 Holland Am) and have not figured out how to get there. Any help would be appreciated. TomG

Douglas Park
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia.

Hi Iris,

My husband & I arrive from Australia via Japan on the 27th August. We are staying 2 nights in Rome and then we plan to make our way to Civitavecchia by train. I have checked train timetables and it seesm to take just over an hour- depending on which train you take. The price is 32 euro or 64 depending on what standard you choose. The trains leave every half hour. It is our first trip to Europe as well and we are also booked on the Carnival cruise- we are so looking forward to it! Regards, Silvia

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia.

Hello

Just back (Sat 21st) from a wonderful cruise with Holland America.

Here are your answers.

Trains run every 40 mins approx Rome Termini to Civitavecchia, about €9 return.

From the station in Civitavecchia turn right on exit, and walk on sea front promenade about 400yds to port entrance, where free shuttle bus will take you to your ship. Easy peasy.

How far is Civitavecchia to the airport ?? about 45 mins drive, I booked a minivan for five of us €155 (www.touring-car.it)

Very professional Holland America were looking for €84 each !!! so no way Jose !

Can only envy you your trip at this stage, enjoy enjoy !!

Douglas Park
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia.

Hi TriggerMLR,

Thanks for your information and your kind wishes. It pays to shop around- good to know.

Calgary
Level Contributor
9 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia.

Hi Irisgen,

Hope you have figured out your transfer from the other postings. I booked the Carnival transfers to minimize the headache since I'll be arriving Rome at 7 am in the morning, about mid night Alberta time.

My travel agent has apparently put together a group of 40 some people and she has booked local tours at each port. Price average out to $50 each.

Regards.

9. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:51 am, August 08, 2007
10. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia