We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Does anyone know if there is a train going from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport, and if so how far is the train from the port for cruises?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Vicky, I bet we are on the same ship. Are you going on Voyager? We are going to go from the airport to the port on the 22nd as well. We have reservations at a B&B, SUSANNAH. What time does your plane arrive on the 22nd? My husband speaks Italian so if we are close in time and you don't speak Italian maybe we could connect up and lower your stress level.

San Diego
Level Contributor
518 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Nice, thank you. You know the devil is in the details. Can't wait to visit again. Vick

Paddy, that would have been great, but we are coming back on RCL. We will have been in Europe a month by then. I know we all will have a great time! Thank you for the offer. Vick

Edited: 6:57 pm, April 30, 2010
San Diego
Level Contributor
518 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

By the way, Paddy, we're staying at Hotel Troiano. Got that suggestion from Tripadvisor.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Not thinking straight at all. I have no idea where I came up with Voyager! Can blame it on the fact that I just broke my left wrist and have to type one-fingered. We are cruising from Civitavecchia to Fort Lauderdale on NAVIGATOR of the Seas. We arrive at FCO at 5:25pm and plan to go directly to the port using the trains. Lucky you, a month in Europe as well.

San Diego
Level Contributor
518 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Ha ha, so many ships, so little time! Yes, I would love to share notes with you. Send me a private message (or I could send you one) and we'll e-talk! Vick

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

New to Trip Advisor. No idea how to send private message.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,046 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Click on the name VickyMcG in the left column. This takes you to Vicky's profile page, where you can click on "Send message".

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

You seem to have a lot of good information. I read somewhere that there are about 40 steps up to the platform in Rome, but you are saying there is elevator service , right? Also I keep reading that the actual ship is a distance from the train station and am reading conflicting answers about a free shutlle provided by the crusie lines, or taking a taxi , that is hard to find. What is the easiset way to get from the staion to the ship without wlaking?

Finally how easy is it to get a hotle form the Rome staion on the return if I want to saty one night in Rome? Do you know approximetley what a reasonable charge for an average night would be? Thank you for your help.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

I was considering the same thing, but first of al,l even if it arrived at 4 am, you cannot disembark. You must wait for the ship to be cleared which takes a few hours. Iwas adviised agaist by my friend who works for RCCL and decided to lower my stress and spend the nigt in Rome. No point in rushing and ending a great trip by chancing that, and a night in Rome is too close to pass up.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
70. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Your post was very helpful. We will be arriving at Fiumicino at 9 am. It sounds like we should have plenty of time to get to the port by train for a 5pm departure. Alternatively, should we decide to arrive a day earlier, would you recommend staying in Civitavecchia or?

Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia