We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Does anyone know if there is a train going from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport, and if so how far is the train from the port for cruises?

uk
Level Contributor
508 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

The simple answer is yes. It is also very cheap and reliable. All of the cruise staff use it. I wish I had rather than taking the transfer offered by the cruise line. The station is some distance from the port but it is still very doable.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Thank you so much for your reply. So, I assume we can just catch a bus from the port to the station? Looking forward to our trip, but wow it's a lot of work trying to figure out transportation. Carnival wants to charge us $75 per person to and from the airport.

uk
Level Contributor
508 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

A couple of things. From memory there is no bus service from the port to the station. I think it is about 1Km and taxi's should be available. The journey takes about 11/2 hours and involves a change at either Roma Ostiense or Roma Trastevere. The single fare is 9.60 euros 2nd Class or 11.70 euros 1st Class.

You might like to check out the English version of the Italian Railways web site where you can find all this information and loads more. If you do, the arrival station you need to type in is Fiumicino Aeroporto. The link is :

http://www.trenitalia.it/en/index.html

Have fun.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Thank you again for your help. You have saved me many hours of confusing research. Now that I have these details I can look forward to our trip.

Atlanta,Ga.
Level Contributor
2 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Hi Lynjo,

We want to also travel from the airport to Civitavecchia via train. We are cruising next summer and Holland America wants $190.00 per peerson for their shuttle.

I would love to know how the train worked for you.

Hope that you had a great trip!!!

Best Regards,

Norma

Bratislava
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

I would like to know if you have to make reservation for the train or if it is ok just to buy a ticket there, since the Italian railroad web does not allow me to buy it and I dont know if it is fully reserved or it just does not work this way. please advise. thank you

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,342 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Train travel from Rome's Fiumicino airport (FCO) to Civitavecchia (and vice versa) is best done using regional trains, with a train change at Rome's Trastevere train station (service every hour, takes about 90 minutes). Seat reservation on regional trains is just not contemplated, but you can pre-buy a ticket for regional trains on line (make sure you print it though, and board the train with the printout. If you miss that train, you can take any other regional train on the same route within 4 hours).

http://www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html

usa
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

From your post, do I understand correctly that you cannot purchase a reserved seat from the airport to the cruise port? Instead, you can buy a ticket that's good for a 4 hour period? I'm trying to purchase a ticket for 5 Oct, but it won't let me. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,342 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Oct is too late. You can only purchase tickets for 60 day later or less.

usa
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Train from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport

Ok, so I can buy in August then. Anything else I should know about doing this? Our plan is to fly in, stay at the airport Marriot, take the train from the airport to the port, then in reverse. See any flaws in this plan?

Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia