We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local bus from Civitavecchia train station to Port

Ontario
Level Contributor
242 posts
139 reviews
Local bus from Civitavecchia train station to Port

Hi everyone:

Is there a local bus from Civitavecchia train station that goes to the port?

I am pretty sure my cruise ship is not providing one from the station to the Port. I have walked it before and I know it is a lovely walk if one has the time.

If so, can I purchase the ticket from the driver or some place else?

Thanks in advance

23 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Local bus from Civitavecchia train station to Port

I have the same question, and I planning to walk from Civi... train station to the cruise port. On the forum in 2008 one replied that Taxi from Civi... train to Cruise port is 12 Euro. it's a 2008 price. in 2017 I guess 20 Euro at most.

Ontario
Level Contributor
242 posts
139 reviews
2. Re: Local bus from Civitavecchia train station to Port

Hello Dat N

Thanks for your info. I did some research and I found that there is a bus from the train station to the Port. The cost is 2 Euros. The bus is called "ARGO" One site said the bus is yellow. You pick it up outside the station. It runs every 20 mins, and service starts from 8:10 am, but there is NO SERVICE from 11:50am to 2:20pm. You can buy the ticket from the bar inside the train station or the newsstand. I got some of this information from: www.rometoolkit.com

Now if you are at the Port and want to get to the train station, you buy the ticket at the cruise ship reception called, Largo della Pace, which is next to the information office. Or you can buy it from a newsstand or Pizzeria Mastro Titta.

The best thing may be to buy your return ticket to the train station at the same time and hold on to it, providing it is not a ticket that has a date on it. I am assuming you can use the ticket anytime. I did not see anywhere that you can buy from the driver. I am going at the end of Oct, so if you are going before, please let me know if and how this works out. Hope this helps.

Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Local bus from Civitavecchia train station to Port

Thanks you for the info. My trip on Nov. 5th (NCL one way to Miami) I will stay in Rome for 4 days, then take the train to Civitavecchia, then walk/bus/taxi/.... to the cruise port. Please let me know what are you find out the transportation from the trai to cruise port.

Ontario
Level Contributor
242 posts
139 reviews
4. Re: Local bus from Civitavecchia train station to Port

Yes, will do that. I hope the bus is there as they say though. If not we will take a leisurely walk down the Promenade. I can sit and enjoy a hot drink and my husband can buy his beer, then we continue on:-)

Ontario
Level Contributor
242 posts
139 reviews
5. Re: Local bus from Civitavecchia train station to Port

Hello I did not take the bus from the train station to the port instead I took a taxi the cost was 5Euros per person and it took me right to the cruise ship which was okay since I did not have to pick up the free shuttle that the port provides from the entrance to the ship not a bad price I left the ship this morning and was taken to the port entrance by the free shuttle just as we got off there is a booth for the Argo bus they sell tickets there for 2 Euros which takes u to the train station I did use the Argo bus to go to the station I know u want to use it from the station to the port in the previous email I listed the bus times . if u r at the station between 12 to 2:20 there may be no bus so that is the reason I took the taxi hope this helps

Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Local bus from Civitavecchia train station to Port

Thanks You, for the info about the taxi price and time of No-bus running, .

Ontario
Level Contributor
242 posts
139 reviews
7. Re: Local bus from Civitavecchia train station to Port

No problem hope u have a great cruise

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,975 posts
43 reviews
8. Re: Local bus from Civitavecchia train station to Port

This port guide for Civitavecchia gives you a lot of up-to-date info including port maps, bus info, etc.

https://civitavecchia.portmobility.it/en/por…

Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Local bus from Civitavecchia train station to Port

Got to Civitavecchia on Nov-5-2017. Here my report.

There is a place that all the cruise free shuttle will stop there, you have to go there to get the shuttle to go to your ship. Lets call this place is "cruise annex" ?

- walking to the cruise annex is NOT my recommendation.

- There is a bus station (a booth with some people with luggages waiting) just across the street of the Civitavecchia train station to take to the "cruise annex" , buy the ticket from the bar/fast food restaurant inside the Train terminal. 2 Euro each person.

- There is a SHARED Taxi station in front of the Civitavecchia Train station to take you to the "cruise annex" for 5 Euro each person. The Taxi is the minivan so the driver will fill the van with passages (you don't get the whole taxi by yourself).

Ontario
Level Contributor
242 posts
139 reviews
10. Re: Local bus from Civitavecchia train station to Port

Thank you for sharing.

Agree with you that walking to the "cruise annex" from Civitavecchia takes about 25 mins. With luggage it may be a bit tiring. However, the reason we walked a couple of times is because we had the time and the little cafes and shop along the way are so cute. We would stop at a cafe, sit and have a coffee etc and enjoy the view of the coastline.

We had the same, the minivan was filled with other passengers, good way to do it so that everyone only pays 5Euros each.

Seems the only difference is that our taxi from the train station took us right to the ship for the 5Euros, we were not dropped off at the "annex" where we would have had to take the free cruise port shuttle to ship. That was a bonus.

Glad it all worked out well.

Reply to: Local bus from Civitavecchia train station to Port
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia