We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sights, Shopping, Etc????

Level Contributor
35 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Sights, Shopping, Etc????

Will have an over night in this port on the last day of a 12 day cruise, what is there to see or do in this port? I do not want to go back to Rome. I will have been in Rome prior to the cruise. When I search the web, I have only come up with trips outside of this area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Level Contributor
24 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sights, Shopping, Etc????

I am interested in what you learn. One of my cruise stops is here, and we were just in Rome, so didn't want to do one of the cruise excursions. We were thinking of hopping a train or bus to any little town nearby if there is nothing in Civitavecchia. I haven't been able to find anything in the guide books and the train map is hard to get to. Has anyone replied or have you found out anything? Thanks!

new jersey
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sights, Shopping, Etc????

its a great town, I am suprised there is not more info about it..it has a summer beach flavor..wonderful resturants, churchs etc. the only problem is they are almost entiring closed on Sundays..or should I say, they do not open the resturants etc. uintil after 6pm. But we love the town.

3. Re: Sights, Shopping, Etc????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia