We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Europcar pick up

Cumbria
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Europcar pick up

Picking up a hire car in Chiusi later this month. How easy it is to get to the Europcar depot in Chiusi from the station? Also we have arranged an out of normal hours pick-up - what are the chances that this will go as planned?!

USA/CH
Level Contributor
244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Europcar pick up

If I looked the info up correctly, the Europcar depot is on Via Aurelia. If it is the case, you'll need to take a cab (www.comuni-italiani.it/052/011/mappa.html). I have never rented a car from that location so I can't tell you about the out of normal hours pick-up but I am wondering how they'll get you the keys? If at all doable, I'd recommend using Avis/Hertz, their car depot is right across the train station.

Cumbria
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Europcar pick up

Thanks for the information. Are there usually taxis waiting outside the station as well? We have arranged an out of hour pick up through Europcar so in theory there should be someone there specifically to give us the keys. However, my worry is that there is some mix up and we are left without a car for the weekend - sure it will be fine though!

USA/CH
Level Contributor
244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Europcar pick up

There are always a few taxis standing right in front of the station so that shouldn't be a problem. Make sure you ask them how much they charge to go to a certain address before you get in. Hopefully, everything will work out with the rental car but it sounds like you know how things can be in Italy ;) You might want to give them a call before you leave for your trip just to confirm that they're supposed to have someone there outside of normal business hours.

Cumbria
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Europcar pick up

Thanks for the advice - have been learning Italian and can stretch to "Quanto costa per andare" so will ask for a fare before we take the cab and will also ring Europcar again in advance. Thanks again.

Cumbria
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Europcar pick up

The pick-up was extremely easy.

The Europcar office is just round the corner from the station and less than 2 minutes on foot. It is also a quieter location so there were no queues.

USA/CH
Level Contributor
244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Europcar pick up

I am so glad it was easy!

USA/CH
Level Contributor
244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Europcar pick up

I am so glad it was easy!

8. Re: Europcar pick up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 13, 2009