We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chiusi Villa for a week

seattle
13 posts
Save Topic
chiusi Villa for a week

Hello everyone

I am looking for any and all recommendations you are willing to give. I have a house booked in Chiusi for the week of June 21-28. Looking for recommendations on restaurants, easy day trips, etc.

My plan is to take day trips in the afternoon, taste wine, and relax my by pool and make beautiful dinners.

Any recos are warmly recommended

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: chiusi Villa for a week

Hi,

I suggest you to visit Montepulciano, Pienza and Bagno Vingoni.

Restaurants:

Sarteano: Osteria da Galliano absolutely and Taverna di Merlino as well (pici and bistecca).

Pienza: Latte di luna and Sette di vino

Cetona: there's a small one just before the main square on a little road on the left (looking at the Piazza) can't remember the name (something with Divino) owners is Luca, very funny, exceptional cakes! Not over priced as all the restaurant in Cetona.

Can't think of anything else now but I'll let you know.

seattle
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: chiusi Villa for a week

perfect!

Thank you so much. This is all very helpful

Southern Tuscany
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: chiusi Villa for a week

The restaurant Meggy's referring to in Cetona is the Osteria Vecchia, commonly known as Nilo's, after the owner. Best cooking for miles, many miles, and exceptionally good value. Need to book though.

Southern Tuscany
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: chiusi Villa for a week

Forgot to say, spoilt for choice for day trips here: Over the border in to Umbria to Citta della Pieve, really nice relatively unspoilt town. Slightly further away is Castligione del Lago on Lago di Trasimeno. I seem to be sending everyone here lately but it really is worth a trip for it's so different to everywhere else, such a pretty town high on a promontory with a castle and really Mediterranean feel, fantastic fish restaurants too. Down the A1 to Orvieto, only 20 minutes. Or up the Cetona road and then beyond to San Casciano dei Bagni, a really nice village with fab bread shop and couple of good restaurants. Nearer to home, take a picnic to Lago di Chiusi, though don't tell anyone else please as it's one of my favourite places!

London
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: chiusi Villa for a week

CatieC:

Nilo is a great restaurant (I forgot to mention it) but I meant another one which is not a restaurant but I think an Osteria or something similar. I found their biz card, the name is Spirito di Vino the address is Via Pavocelli. Do you know it?

I think it is a great place to taste "ZUppe", pecorino and prosciuto and cakes are just amazing and there was a dessert wine called "Muffato" that I can keep dreaming about.

Southern Tuscany
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: chiusi Villa for a week

Doh... yes, of course. Go right immediately after the farmacia, under the little arch and round to the left, good choice for informal eats.

seattle
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: chiusi Villa for a week

Thanks to everyone!!!! this is fabulous

8. Re: chiusi Villa for a week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, September 25, 2009