We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where does bus 80E stop in Chioggia ?

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,726 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where does bus 80E stop in Chioggia ?

I am trying to plan a circular trip from Venice to Chioggia and back in December, using bus 11 and the ferry to get there, then taking bus 80E back to Venice.

The only problem is that I can't find out where in Chioggia bus 80E picks up - the Actv website is less than helpful on this issue as the timetable simply says "Sottomarina" which is far too vague, or "Viale Meditererraneo" which seems like a long way from the centre of Chioggia.

I have ploughed through lots of other websites but none of them seem to help - can anyone out there clarify where the bus stop is please ?

Phil.

VIALE MEDITERRANEO

12 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
905 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where does bus 80E stop in Chioggia ?

While watching a boring football game I asked The Google. Maps finds Sottomarina and v. Meditererraneo. I am guessing that the ~half mile between downtown Chioggia and the Sottomarina neighborhood is covered by a local bus but in any event it looks easily walkable.

I suggest that you tale a look at Maps, the area is well covered.

Edited: 5:44 pm, November 06, 2011
England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,726 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where does bus 80E stop in Chioggia ?

Thanks for your efforts but unfortunately I will be travelling with someone with limited mobilty and so I will need to know the exact location of the bus stop to know if they are able to walk that distance (they certainly couldn't walk up to v. Meditererraneo).

Has anyone out there travelled on the 80E ?

Phil

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,853 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where does bus 80E stop in Chioggia ?

I cant remember exactly but it wasa long walk to actually get to Chioggia, and really a very boring Bus ride, going via the Lido is ideal,

England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,726 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where does bus 80E stop in Chioggia ?

OK, having just got back from a few days in the Veneto, I am now in the position to answer my own question, in case anyone else wishes to make this journey in the future.

- The bus between Venice and Chioggia is extra-urban service 80E (although the bus won't show that number - look out for a blue or white+blue bus showing the destination "Venice" or "Sottomarina"

- In Venice, the bus picks up at the back of Piazza Roma bus station, then in Mestre near the rail station on Via Rampa Cavalcavia (see http://g.co/maps/pgd3e ), then at the eastern end of Via Gaspare Gozzi.

- In Chioggia, the bus picks up and set down northbound along Via Della Stazzioni in the newer part of the town, but the nearest pick up point to the old town is hidden away on Via Antonio Naccari (see http://g.co/maps/b2y28 ) . This is approximately 1km from the ferry terminal.

- The current fare between Venice / Mestre and Chioggia is €5 and tickets need to be purchased in advance from a kiosk or ticket office (I didn't see any machines that sold these). Actv 12/24/36/48/72 hour or 7 day unlimited travel tickets cannot be used on this bus.

Having said that I have to agree that this is not one of the most inspiring bus routes I have ridden on and the bus/ferry route via Lido and Pellestrina is much more interesting (and included in the unlimited travel tickets).

One word of warning however. Chioggia seems to close on Wednesday afternoons (at least in the winter) so if you are visiting there midweek, better start off early !

Hope this info is of use to someone.

Phil-the-Bus

Edited: 2:28 pm, December 21, 2011
Level Contributor
905 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where does bus 80E stop in Chioggia ?

thank you

Couthuin, Liege...
Level Contributor
8 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where does bus 80E stop in Chioggia ?

Hello your information is exactly what I was looking for as I will be staying in Chioogia. Thanks! However do you happen to know the time the last bus leaves VENICE to return to Chioggia? Thanks for letting me know if you do or where I can find a timetable for the 80E.

7. Re: Where does bus 80E stop in Chioggia ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 pm, February 16, 2015

England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,726 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where does bus 80E stop in Chioggia ?

It appears to be 2355 on weekdays +Saturdays, and 2255 on Sundays - see http://www.actv.it/pdf/extraurbano/E-80.pdf . Note that the buses from Venice set down in Chioggia at the roundabout at the Southern end of Corso del Popolo, which is NOT the same place that they pick up at.

Note that you need to buy your ticket before you get on the 80E bus - not certain where you do this in Chioggia, other than at the ferry terminal.

If you are travelling before the end of September, note that there is a direct ferry from Chioggia to Venice once a day, otherwise you can do a combination of ferry and bus number 11 via Lido and Pellestrina - see pages 49 and 41 of this very useful booklet - actv.it/pdf/…203.11.2013web.pdf .

Phil-the-Bus

Edited: 9:34 am, September 08, 2013
9. Re: Where does bus 80E stop in Chioggia ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 pm, February 16, 2015

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where does bus 80E stop in Chioggia ?

Thank you so much for this information. I'm off to Chioggia in a couple of weeks!

Reply to: Where does bus 80E stop in Chioggia ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chioggia