We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in late September

Which Cefalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in late September

We are thinking of coming to Cefalu for two weeks on 22nd September 2013. I know it's difficult to say, but would the weather generally be good temperature wise on those dates, or would it be better to go a week earlier? I went to Taormina a few years ago in October and seem to remember the weather still being quite hot then.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
97,101 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in late September

Welcome to Sicily Librarianne!

You probably won’t notice much difference in a week, but early September is still hot, and the second half of September usually brings cooler temperatures, but it's still usually good for swimming. Expect thunderstorms then as well.

Vagabonda

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in late September

Thanks for that! As my partner has not been to Sicily before, I am toying with perhaps going to Giardini Naxos the first time, as we can do so many trips from there, and saving Cefalu for another time (to do Palermo) Do you have to get a bus from Giardini to the cable car for Taormina, or is it walkable? We have just come back from Lago di Garda which we absolutely loved, so more of Italy is definitely on the menu! We had some spectacular thunderstorms at the lake but also lovely hot weather, so I understand it can be mixed.

Wollongong
Level Contributor
91 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in late September

Hi,

We've spent the last two septembers in Cefalu. This year we were there from 16th to the end of the month and the weather was sensational. 30+ degrees everyday. The beach is just great. 2011 we were there a week earlier and the weather was more changeable. As Vagabonda said we had the odd thunderstorm. We went on to Taormina last year and had a fairly cool weekend but then the weather picked up again for the next 10 days.

We just love Sicily and are trying not to go back next year. I've been there 6 out of the last 7 years - from Australia.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in late September

Time you went to Batemans Bay instead!! But I know it is hard to resist Italy; we've been there the past three years and we have found the weather in September to be delightful.

5. Re: Weather in late September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, December 14, 2013