We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poggio Pozzetti Villa,Lascari

Warwick
Level Contributor
412 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Poggio Pozzetti Villa,Lascari

We have booked 2 week in Poggio Pozzetti Villa,Lascari, next may.

This must be the first year for Simply travel/Thomson as we are unable to find any reviews on their website.

I found a few reviews on owners website which look good, but no email addresses to contact authors. Just wondered if anyone know these villas or could advise whats is worth seeing in the area, also best supermarket to stock up for our stay.

Thanks in advance.

Herts
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Poggio Pozzetti Villa,Lascari

Just got back so can finally post something useful!

It's heaven!  Everything is kept so pristine it's like being on a film set.  The apartments are lovely, only downside for us was only having a hob (there's only so much risotto and pasta you can eat).  We were pleasantly surprised at how cheap it was to eat out so it wasn't too much of a hardship.

We were at the back of the building looking out over the sea which was nice and private.   We got bitten to death sitting out so I'd advise lots of insect repellant.  The Simply Travel resort guide is pants with absolutely no local info (okay for roving further afield) so you might want to get on t'internet before you go.  Plus, there's only one copy which went walkabout anyway.

If you are going to travel round take a really good map.  We had a sat nav but after directing us into the middle of a bustling street market and being shooed off by several hundred Sicilian housewives and their Roy Cropper Shoppers, it had a bit of a melt down and we ended up having to navigate our way round the back streets of Palermo with the free Europcar map.

Local supermarkets are okay for meat, fish and pasta but not a lot of choice on other things (I like my treats!).  I wish I'd done a bigger shop at Auchan near the airport but if you're out for the day there are bigger supermarkets near the main cities.

Cefalu is a lovely city and there are some great day trips.   We loved being up in the mountains and my favourite was Castelbuono which is just the most perfect gem.  The tourist sites not as much as they look at you, assess your net worth and how much they can squeeze out of you, flog you a ticket based on some convoluted formula that would make Ryanair weep with envy and then herd you about like a sheep.

We loved the resort, loved Sicily and the Sicilians are just lovely, lovely people.  Happy to answer any questions!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,946 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Poggio Pozzetti Villa,Lascari

Thank you for this most informative report AnonHerts!

Perhaps you would consider submitting this report as a review - tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187890-d254364…

Yes, GPS isn’t always reliable in Sicily – Consider the TCI regional map of Sicily.

www.bestofsicily.com/faqs.htm#best_maps

Sicily road map confusion:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k5808…

Kind regards,

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,946 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Poggio Pozzetti Villa,Lascari

Buon viaggio Stephmummy! - Enjoy!

Vagabonda

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Poggio Pozzetti Villa,Lascari

We fly out on Sunday and are very excited. However, I have heard the weather is not so good there at the moment? Weather forecast looks miserable which is typical! Having said that we'll enjoy no matter what :-)

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,946 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Poggio Pozzetti Villa,Lascari

Well it's raining and 26 right now, but tomorrow should be cloudy, but no rain and the temperatures are comfortable.

Remember that weather forecasts are only reliable within 72 hours.

Buon viaggio Stephmummy!!

Vagabonda

Edited: 7:52 am, October 13, 2012
36. Re: Poggio Pozzetti Villa,Lascari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 15, 2013