We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castiglione del Lago to Florence Airport in June

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
7 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Castiglione del Lago to Florence Airport in June

Help please. I know there are trains from Castiglione del Lago to all parts of Italy...but I would like to know specifically how hard it would be to get to the Florence AIRPORT. As far as I can tell, there is no train station within the airport, as there is in Rome.

What is the nearest station to the Florence Airport?

How do I get from that train station to the airport if I have luggage?

Am trying to see if I can depart from Florence easily or if it is better to take a train all the way to Rome and depart from Rome. Would like to leave out of Florence but not if the transport situation is a pain.

Thank you.

6 replies to this topic
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,158 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Castiglione del Lago to Florence Airport in June

For train times until June 8 see http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html entering Castiglione del Lago and Florence and the 'hour' you wish to travel (e.g. '7' for 07.00). To see fares you must use a date this week. There are no advance reductions or reservations on these trains - buy tickets in Italy which are OK on any train for two months until validation and validate time/date-stamp) before boarding train.

Bus from station to airport ataf.net/System/…202.pdf or take taxi.

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
7 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castiglione del Lago to Florence Airport in June

Thanks! It appeared that there was more than one train station in Florence. What is the name of the closest station? Do you know about how far it is from the airport? Thanks again!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,158 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Castiglione del Lago to Florence Airport in June

The name of the main station in Florence in Firenze S M. Novella - the website I gave you gives times to that station if you enter Florence.

The station is 9km from the airport.

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
7 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Castiglione del Lago to Florence Airport in June

Thank you!!!!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,158 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Castiglione del Lago to Florence Airport in June

The Trenitalia link given in reply 1 no longer works with the English names of Italian cities. You must now enter Firenze S. M. Novella not Florence.

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
7 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Castiglione del Lago to Florence Airport in June

Thanks so much!

We managed to get to Castiglione del Lago okay, but silly us....we were sitting on the correct train and almost to the destination when we looked at the map on the wall of the train and suddenly doubted ourselves. We convinced ourselves that we had messed up and that we should have gotten off and changed trains.

This was dumb.....we did not need to get off at all! We should have just stuck with our original plan and not been swayed by the map on the train.

We got off....crossed over to the other side of the tracks and boarded a train going back in the way we had come. Then, we studied our train materials and realized that we had been on the right train to begin with! So then we had to get off the train again, cross to the other side of the tracks and wait 20 minutes until a train going the original direction! Oooh la la...what a mess!!!!

We got there eventually! ha!

Reply to: Castiglione del Lago to Florence Airport in June
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Castiglione del Lago
More Castiglione del Lago Topics