We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel/B&B in Assisi

Which Castiglione del Lago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
hotel/B&B in Assisi

Hi, looking for place to stay couple of nights in Assisi, mid October. Anyone have suggestion? B&B, english speaking, easy from train station is a plus! Anyone know what the weather should be like?

Thank you very much.

5 replies to this topic
NY
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel/B&B in Assisi

Liked this place a lot you may want to consider along with others- a couple of notes:

English - yes, Wi Fi in lobby, stairs unless you get the ground floor room, central (but Assisi is pretty small anyway), breakfast brought to room, was good breakfast. Roof top for sunning, viewing.

http://hotelalexanderassisi.it/en/index.html

Unless you are a really good walker and have time, you will need to take bus or taxi from the train station up to Assisi. Well, I don't really recommend trying to walk, it is a lot up hill and a good distance.

Edited: 7:21 am, August 04, 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel/B&B in Assisi

Thank you very much for this info! We are good walkers, but with luggage and hills probably best to take cab to B&B.

NY
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel/B&B in Assisi

A taxi can take you right to the door, via bus you would have to walk a little way from the bus stop.

I am sure you will also get other accommodation suggestions from others, I think you can have a good selection - Assisi is magical, well not the right word, but you know what I mean.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,858 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel/B&B in Assisi

we stayed at Hotel Windsor which is a 3 star but very comfortable.

www.hotelwindsorsavoia.it/

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel/B&B in Assisi

Please note that Assisi's train station is not in Assisi proper, but in Santa Maria degli Angeli. Between SM degli Angeli and Assisi you have 3-4 km which are easily covered by car but not on foot as mentioned above. I recommend to take a cab to Assisi and stay there even if you are not near the station. If you need to commute to other locations you can use buses which are inexpensive and run regularly between Assisi and Santa Maria degli Angeli

Reply to: hotel/B&B in Assisi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Castiglione del Lago
More Castiglione del Lago Topics