We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which days are wineries open?

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Which days are wineries open?

My fiance and I are visiting Tuscany for our honeymoon. We want to spend 2 nights and 2 days in Tuscany for wine tasting. Our choices on days to stay would be Saturday and Sunday or Monday and Tuesday. If we want to do wine tasting, is any day better than another? I wasn't sure if some wineries closed on specific days.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which days are wineries open?

A few very big properties have income-generating tours with fixed hours. The remainder are open when the people on the property have a spare moment. Most will be unavailable to visitors during harvest in September. If you have a list of high-visibility wines that you want to try, contact the properties individually for the details. With the others, you take your chances by showing up at the door.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which days are wineries open?

I will be coming in mid-October, so I believe that the main harvest is over at that point. It sounds like schedules could be up in the air at that point. I just don't want to get there and not be able to tour anywhere!

Thanks for the help.

Level Contributor
2,915 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which days are wineries open?

Here are two of the more well known ones:

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,561 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which days are wineries open?

Check these sites out for some information

5. Re: Which days are wineries open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 17, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Castellina In Chianti