We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caserta Palace

Which Castellammare Di Stabia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Fl
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Caserta Palace

Seeking information regarding the severity in crime in Caserta. AP news article from September mentioned the Italian govt had sent Nationol guards to secure the area from recent warlike zone with the Mafia/African drug traffic situation.

We wanted to stop and visit the Caserta Palace, however, we are now a bit concerned.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,254 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caserta Palace

There is a Caserta Forum

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
594 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caserta Palace

We took our friends from Australia there this August to visit the Caserta palace, they found it realy beautiful we had a lovely day. They were amazed that it's not so publiced on tourist guides

South Orange, New...
Destination Expert
for Campania
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Caserta Palace

I really wouldn't worry - the town of Caserta is very urban and does have it's problems...however, I have enjoyed the palace and grounds and I doubt they have a problem (or, at least, no more than any major other tourist destination). There is a modern, secure, underground, municipal parking lot directly across the street to leave your car and we've never had an issue. I, honestly, would feel just as insecure in Pompeii or Ercolano...but no way would that stop me from visiting the sites there!

4. Re: Caserta Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, October 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Castellammare Di Stabia