We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

War Cemetery and Train Station Lockers

Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
War Cemetery and Train Station Lockers

Looking for some help!

My wife and I are taking three weeks in Italy and Bavaria this October-November. We were planning on going by train from Rome to Sorrento via Cassino. We wanted to go via Cassino as her great uncle is buried in one of the war cemeterys there.

However, noting the train schedules there, there are very poor connections from Cassino to Naples, and later in the day none at all! Am I missing something, or is there a short bus hop we can take to a different train line? What are our options? We will likely be there on a Sunday.

As well, because we will be in transit from Rome to Sorrento, we will have our luggage. Are there lockers for luggage in the train station?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: War Cemetery and Train Station Lockers

I see trains every hour to hour and a half on weekdays, somewhat less frequent on Sundays and holidays. However, even on a Sunday, the last train leaves Cassino at 7:50 PM. Perhaps you selected a date too dare in the future. Try a date within the next week or two; the schedules change very little.

Unfortunately, there's no baggage storage at Cassino. You would have to leave your baggage at Rome or Naples stations. There are no lockers anywhere in Italy for security reasons, but the larger stations have left luggage rooms.

2. Re: War Cemetery and Train Station Lockers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, April 03, 2010