We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caserta War Cemetery

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Caserta War Cemetery

I am going to Caserta to visit a family grave site in the War Cemetery.I will be staying in Caserta.Is there tours out to the cemetery or can I walk there? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caserta War Cemetery

Dear tripper069,

You might think about using a local bus to reach the Caserta War Cemetery if you're arriving by train to the Caserta FS Train Station. If you used a UnicoCampania ticket from Napoli (U5 for €3.30) or any other ticket, you can use the same ticket to reach the cemetery. Otherwise, you can purchase a UnicoCaserta ticket for €0.80 from I believe a nearby bar or ticket window in the train station.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k1042…

I was once told that the local Caserta buses stop right in front of the Caserta FS Train Station, however, you can ask anyone about the "bus"/boose to the cimitero/chee mee TEAR oh.

In case you decide to drive out to the War Cemetery in Caserta, you can follow some detailed driving instructions:

…50megs.com/caserta_war_cemetery.htm

I vaguely remember talking to the ProLoco at Caserta and I posted the buses to take from the Caserta FS Train Station to the cemetery. I also remember that the cemetery is at "Cimitero Comunale" (you can use it to find a map on www.mapquest.com or www.viamichelin.com) near Via F. de Renzis/Via Cappuccini from the 4 corner/roundabout of streets Via G. la Pira, Via Gen. L. Talamonti, and Via Cappuccini. If I find the info, I'll post the results.

Although I have never had a problem with theft in Caserta, many in Salerno think that it's best to not wear gold jewerly or a nice watch when walking around Caserta.

Buona Fortuna...

2. Re: Caserta War Cemetery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, September 26, 2009