We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best campsite for teenagers

Which Caorle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Best campsite for teenagers

Can anyone please recommend a good campsite for my 2 children age 12 and 15. A lot of the sites seem to be geared towards younger children. I am looking for a clean site with a waterslides with good access to public transport as we do not intend to hire a car. Access to local towns and waterparks. Also easy access into Venice, At the moment I am looking at Pra Delle Torri & Portofelice. I am also concerened after reading reviews about the Mosquito problem, so this could be a deciding factor. Any recommendations would be gratefully received

Windsor
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best campsite for teenagers

I have just booked Pra delle Torri for this summer and I have teenage children (16, 13, then 10 and 2!) but there is enough to do on the site to keep them occupied!! Plus there are buses that stop at the village if you want to get around. As for mosquitos, the whole area has mosquitos. I am from the historical centre of Venice and it's full of them there. My son is allergic to mosquito bites but as long as you have the sprays and are sensible in the evening you will be fine. Plus the campsite sprays anti mosquito stuff once a week to help!

Hope this helps :-)

n. ireland
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best campsite for teenagers

Just wondering if you have any suggestions re transfer from Venice Treviso airport to Pra Delle Torri? We are a family similar to yours. How sensible do you need to be in the evening re mosquitos? Is there a particular product you could recommend for the mosquitos? Thanks, M

Windsor
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best campsite for teenagers

Sorry for the late reply but I've only just seen the question. We are driving to Italy from the UK so we can take what we like and have a car to go out and about in. When travelling to Venice by plane I've only flown into Marco Polo (as I refuse to fly Ryanair) so cannot really help with transfers from Treviso but I do know there are buses/coaches into Venice. As for mosquitos in the evening I suggest you use a pump action spray and cover any skin that is visible! And I'd cover yourself in light clothing, it would be like going to any hot country in Europe. We use Boots own jungle strength and for my 2 year old we use a product without deet. We also use the wrist bands on the kids and in whatever accommodation we are in we use the plug ins and burn the citronella coils. We still get a few bites but nothing like we would without them!!

4. Re: Best campsite for teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 29, 2015