We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome to Dolomites for Hiking in May

Del Mar, California
Level Contributor
234 posts
12 reviews
7 helpful votes
Rome to Dolomites for Hiking in May

I am thinking about going hiking in the Dolomites the beginning of May. Can I get there by train? I know there are many towns that are around the range. Which one is the easiest/prettiest to get to and do you know of any guided 1-2 day hikes that I could do during that time?

Plose
Ski & Snowboard Areas
Duomo di Bressanone
Churches & Cathedrals
Palazzo Vescovile
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Hudson Valley
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
10 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Rome to Dolomites for Hiking in May

You can get there by combination of train and bus (which we've done the three times we've visited - although we were in the summer and on the summer bus schedules - you will have to look up bus schedules for May to check frequency, etc).

Basing in any the valleys is good - Val Gardena, Val di Fassa, Alta Badia. I really liked Ortisei when we stayed there two years ago.

We've never done guided hikes, so I can't speak to that. Be aware that May is early in the season for hiking so you will need to find trails that are good for that time of year (maybe check some of the tourism websites for local info). Many people utilize the chairlifts for hiking, but again, not sure what is open that time of year - you will have to check.

2. Re: Rome to Dolomites for Hiking in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, June 04, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Bressanone