We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Rely to Riva Del Garda? Much to do?

Which Brenzone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Rely to Riva Del Garda? Much to do?

I'm looking at the Hotel Rely, but would really like to visit riva del garda in the north. Does anyone know if you can get a ferry to riva, and if so how long would it take/how much would it cost?

Is there much to do around Brenzone near the Hotel Rely?

Any help would be much appreciated, as this seems like the cheapest option for Garda, but I don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere...Does anyone know if there are any shops nearby to get water and snacks?

8 replies to this topic
Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,600 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Rely to Riva Del Garda? Much to do?

Brenzone is a very small place, with a pretty tiny harbour - I can't imagine that there is very much happening there. Riva del Garda is around 25 kms by road, there is a bus taking around 40 mins.

…verona.it/atv_www/…62-64.pdf

There are only a couple of ferries in the mornings to Riva taking between 45 - 90 mins. at a current cost of 9.80 euros or 13.80 euros depending on slow or faster boats. If you are not going in summer there are even less boats in Spring and Autumn.

navigazionelaghi.it/file2/…202012.pdf

Have a look at Streetview on Google maps to gei an idea of what it is like. I suppose it really depends on what else you want to do whilst you are there. You could be spending a lot of time on buses or ferries.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,464 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Rely to Riva Del Garda? Much to do?

I have to agree with Tepore, Brenzone isn't a place with a lot going on and, depending on the time of year you are going, you could find yourselves fairly isolated. You could also find it a false economy if you end up spending a lot of money travelling by boat to other places - although the bus service on the east side of the lake is cheap to use.

You can read reviews of this hotel which may help you to decide:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g194701-d9453…

Some information on the Brenzone area of the lake:

lagodigardamagazine.com/brenzone-garda-lake.…

www.gardainforma.com/en/village/brenzone.html

www.lago-di-garda.org/brenzone-lake-garda.asp

http://www.gardalake.com/place/brenzone/

http://www.lakegarda.com/brenzone.php

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Rely to Riva Del Garda? Much to do?

Wow, thank you so much for all the information! Yes, it does look like a quieter area...prehaps best spending a bit more to stay in Riva, we like nice walks and lovely scenery, but this place does seem very isolated!

Thank you!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,464 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Rely to Riva Del Garda? Much to do?

Riva would be a good choice as a place to stay - the surrounding mountain scenery is stunning and it's the second-largest town on the lake so there are a lot of good restaurants and shops.

One of my favourite walks from Riva is to take the lakefront path towards Torbole, then the path that follows the River Sarca northwards to the little town of Arco with its hilltop castle.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,600 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Rely to Riva Del Garda? Much to do?

It might also be worth looking at accommodation in Torbole as it could well be cheaper than in Riva.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Rely to Riva Del Garda? Much to do?

I've just come back from the Hotel Rely in Brenzone , i would not stay in Riva . A local bus stops a little way outside the hotel , and for 2 euros one way you get a local bus to Malcesine (which is beautiful , better than riva ,) and a ferry for 9 euros leave every hour to limone , riva , torbole !!! They is a supermarket , bakers (lovely cakes) newsagents and some good fish restuarants near the hotel , i've been here remember. If i ever go again i would go to Sirmione , as also very beautiful , north of the lake is more barren , and windier , pm me if you want to know more

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,464 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Rely to Riva Del Garda? Much to do?

<<north of the lake is more barren , and windier , >>

It's certainly windier which is one of the reasons why it's a world-famous windsurfing area, and in the summer months the breeze can be a relief on a hot day.

I have to admit I'm surprised by the word "barren" to describe the area round the north of the lake!

I'm glad you had a good time in Brenzone and have offered help to anyone wanting to know more but, as in your other post, you have re-opened an old thread. This one is almost 18 months old.

Perhaps a review of your hotel and experiences of Brenzone would be useful for others:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g194701-d9453…

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Rely to Riva Del Garda? Much to do?

Yes I made a mistake there . and ? I'm sure you've made one in your life have you not

Reply to: Hotel Rely to Riva Del Garda? Much to do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted