We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vasari exhibits, honoring the 500th anniversary of his birth

Which Arezzo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
50 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Vasari exhibits, honoring the 500th anniversary of his birth

While visiting the Legend of the True Cross frescoes at St. Franceso, I saw a sign describing this exhibit, at an adjacent building. When I bought my ticket, the attendant explained that this exhibit consisted of works by Vasari, and that there was a second exhibit, in the basement of the church, which consisted of works by artists who were active at the same time as Vasari. As a Vasari fan, I enjoyed the first exhibit, but have to admit I was very impressed with the second. It was beautifully staged, complete with a man in Renaissance dress, who greeted you as you entered. It was so realistic, I don't know if it was "live" or done somehow with mirrors. The catalog of the exhibit was beautiful. I didn't buy it, because it was in Italian only, and was heavy to carry around, but I regret that. It would have been a nice keepsake.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,379 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vasari exhibits, honoring the 500th anniversary of his birth

Did you go to Vasari's house too? A totally different thing of course, but I enjoyed it.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
50 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vasari exhibits, honoring the 500th anniversary of his birth

Yes, I had visited his house on a previous trip.

Also was lucky enough, while in Florence, to see the Uffizi's special exhibit honoring his anniversary.

3. Re: Vasari exhibits, honoring the 500th anniversary of his birth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, November 12, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Arezzo