We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Festivals, Fairs, Markets & Restaurants - in Toscana

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Festivals, Fairs, Markets & Restaurants - in Toscana

We are a group of 8 people - (5 x on our 50-60s + 3 x 20s) staying in an agriturismo farm in Poggibonsi (midway between Florence to Siena), from 1st to 10th of October '09.

We would welcome any suggestions for Festivals, Fairs, Markets & Restaurants that you think that we should not miss. We got cars & don't mind travelling.

Anyone knows anything about hot air balooning or scubba diving in Toscana? Circus shows?

Thanking you in advance!!

Kircubbin
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Festivals, Fairs, Markets & Restaurants - in Toscana

Hi, I visited this area last year and visited a restaurant in Barberino Val D'elsa called L'archibugio. It does fantastic pizzas and has a great atmosphere. Sit outside and the views over the wall our fantastic. Also visit a place called Montereggioni. Again this is a lovely place to see and the drive is beautiful.There is a market in Poggibonsi but I can't remember the day it's on also Poggibonsi has a fantastic supermarket. Hope this is of some help to you. PS. Beware if you drive through Pisa that you don't drive through a restricted zone as you will be photographed and your fine will come through the post approx. 1year later as mine did.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Festivals, Fairs, Markets & Restaurants - in Toscana

Many thanks for your feedback!

Someone had already mentionned the COOP in Poggibonsi and someone else warned me about ZTL fines in Pisa. Actually that's funny, because last time that I was in Pisa, we were very limited on time & I just drove all the way into that area & parked almost under the tower :-)

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Festivals, Fairs, Markets & Restaurants - in Toscana

many thanks ... nothing to worry about: it was 10 years ago :-)

4. Re: Festivals, Fairs, Markets & Restaurants - in Toscana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 29, 2010