We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinuary help

Which Alassio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Littleton, CO
Level Contributor
265 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
itinuary help

Type of travelers: family of 4 (kids 10 and 13). Going summer of 2006 (May - August) when should we go for 1 1/2 weeks?.

Can stay with friends in Milan for some nights.

Love to see sites and meet people. Want to see one museum--more is you all see fit but we're more of site seeing folks.

Want to see if possible but not over do it too much: cinque terra, florence, siena, rome (very fast), lake como, capri island, venice, milan, Amalfi Coast. Is this possible in 1 1/2 weeks and if not what should we take off of our itinuary? Are we missing something?

New Jersey
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: itinuary help

Kelster - You may want to limit your vacation of 1 1/2 weeks to two or three places. Otherwise, you'll all get sick of living out of suitcases.

The places that you have named mean you'll be travelling A LOT. They're all over the place.

Suggest you pick two places, "do" them each for 3 days, then go to the beach.

If I were choosing, I'd consult a map.

This would help minimize travelling time between places

Perhaps, pick places on the Med for this trip and places on the Aegean, Adriatic (I can never get them straight) for the next trip.

That way, you'll have a chance to relax before you have to go back to work.

I have visited Rome, Venice and the Ligurian Coast. If you pick these places, I may be able to make some suggestions JHC

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
265 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinuary help

I would say it's not possible to visit all those sites in just 1 1/2 week.. I'd split the journey in two. Or you visit north/centre Italy (Florence, CT , Lake como , Venice) or you visit the centre south (Rome, Amalfi, Capri). You won't enjoy your trip spending just few hours in Rome or Florence..

Ciao

Princeton NJ
Level Contributor
207 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: itinuary help

Hi Kelster:

Good luck....my wife and I have been twice to italy in recent years and you are getting good advice...the biggest regret you might have is one day in a fantastic, fabulous place instead of the three or four in deserves...your kids are old enough to appreciate the splendor of the sights in Rome and Venice...my two cents would be three days each in Rome, Florence and Venice....easy train travel between them...time for the great sights...they are all fantastic walking cities...

and May is a great month for Italy, terrific weather and before the summer tourist crunch...

have fun

4. Re: itinuary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, August 12, 2009