We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drive agrigento to taormina

14 posts
Save Topic
drive agrigento to taormina

How long does it take to drive from Agrigento to Taormina?

What is the best route ?

New York
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: drive agrigento to taormina

I will be in Sciacca May 5th, I would like to visit Taormina during the week, how and what would be the best way to get there, also how much time if by train or car?

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: drive agrigento to taormina

Although now its too late to know how to go to Taormina my reply may be will help others visiting this forum. We stayed at TreTorri in Villagio Mose in Agrigento. We had come from Motta Camastra by car which is about 30minutes from Taormina. It took us about 3 to 4 hours to arrive to Agrigento though we went through the country side not the Autostrada. If you go through the autostrada from Agrigento to Taormina it will be around a 2-3 hour drive. The best thing will be to find an accomodation near to Taormina otherwise you'll waist lots of time driving about.

New York City
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: drive agrigento to taormina

We just returned from a wonderful 2-week driving trip through Sicily. Agrigento to Taormina is a long stretch - we stayed in Catania for 3 nights (planned on going to Siracusa for a day -trip from there, but never got to do it...we were quite tired from all the driving done from Palermo>Segesta>Erice>Marsala >Agrigento...).From Agrigento you take S640 towards Caltanissetta - then get onto the Autostada (A19) to Catania (you will by-pass Enna). We stayed in Catania, but you can go around it and then take A18 to Taormina (the signs will say Messina). I honestly don't remember how long it took to go from Agrigento to Catania (maybe 2 - 2 1/2 hours) - then from Catania to Taormina is about 30-45 minutes.

4. Re: drive agrigento to taormina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:27 am, September 02, 2009
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question