We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late november honeymoon

9 posts
Save Topic
Late november honeymoon

Can anyone suggest a destination for our honeymoon in late November? We had hoped for the lakes or Ischia but things appear to be fairly closed. We don't need fantastic weather just somewhere to potter around where the restaurants etc are still open.

We'd like somewhere where we can recover from the traumas of wedding planning, so it needn't be too exciting. If it looks very quiet we would consider having a few days in Rome or Florence at the end of the holiday.

Please help, we're running out of time!!

Italy Tropea
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Late november honeymoon

we live by Tropea, at 90km from Sicily. In November you should still bath and there are stil enough tourists in the area.

Here you can spend a week or two or just spend some night on your way to or from Sicily.

Write back if interested

Lot of whishes

icq 65584429

Ithaca, NY
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late november honeymoon

HI, go to Sicily. It's a beauty, with various cultures superimposed one on top of the other: first the Greeks, then the Romans, then the Arabs, then the Normands, then the Spaniards (Renaissance and Baroque), etc. Plus you get beautiful Greek temples, lovely beaches, excellent food.

Tonyita, Ithaca, NY

5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Late november honeymoon

I have just returned from 2 weeks on Sicily and can recommend going. Just rent a car and cruise around, go to the Aeolian islands (I recommend Salina - was on Vulcano also but its very touristic) and have a nice time. Nature is beautiful and the food excellent if you aviod the "Menu turistico" places. With just a minimum of common travellers sense you will know where to go and where not.

Dont bother with palermo though, it was a dissapointment me.

Driving is a bit "exciting" but after a while you��ll get used to it - the rule is: there are no rules, just go with the flow... very simple :-) We rented a convertible from Avis which worked out excellent.

Trapani did not seem so nice in the travel guide, but we really liked it there and were sorry not to have time for a night there - very clean and beautifully restored city. Might be related to the hosting of the Americas Cup....

I am sure you will have a nice time!

Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question