We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A happy car rental story (PafoRentals)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
A happy car rental story (PafoRentals)

I think it's always worth giving positive feedback for good experiences, rather than just complaining when things go wrong. So here goes.

I hired a nice mitsubushi lancer from paforentals a couple of weeks ago, and their policy is no excess if any incident is not the renters fault, and E300 if it is.

Anyway, I put a minor scratch in the back bumper (I think I forgot I was in a saloon as I have an hatchback at home). I reported it to the nice woman from yorkshire at their place opposite the avanti village and she got the owner Dino (Deeno?) to check it out a few hours later. He phoned up and said he was surprised I'd reported it - many renters would keep quiet about it, leave it at the airport when they left and hope that nobody noticed - or try and blame it on somebody else after they'd left! In the spirit of good karma he thanked me for my honesty and let me off no charge, when technically they could have stiffed me for the excess.

Their vehicles are good, their staff aren't out to rip you off, and their prices are competitive. We'd certainly use them again.

PS: I'd recommend Lancers - ours handled really well on the switch back mountain roads in the troodos, and on the 100 mile motorway trip from pafos - nicosia, as well as around the traffic choked roads in limmassol.

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A happy car rental story (PafoRentals)

Hired from Pafos Rentals twice, excellent service on both occasions. Easy airport pick up and return, no queuing at the airport. You are told where the car will be parked and attend the office the next day to sort out the paperwork. Fab! Wouldn't think of hiring anywhere else. Seamless pre arrival email contact and cars as described. Emma, Cindy and Dino are stars. Thank you all very much :)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A happy car rental story (PafoRentals)

That's my experience too gabriella. If we return to Cyprus next year (we're giving portugal a whirl this year) then I'd use paforentals. is Emma the lady from Leeds on reception? Maybe it's people from Yorkshire who get special service? (only joking folks!)

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
3. Re: A happy car rental story (PafoRentals)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Paphos District