We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in oman ..Itinerary?

sydney
Level Contributor
312 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in oman ..Itinerary?

hi all

can someone recommend an itinerary for 3 days in oman .?

i will bewith my husband and 3teenagers..if you could recommend a place to stay as well... we dont need expensive resorts but maybe something with a pool n breakfast n we would be really happy. it would be great if we had a guide on arrival as we would be on the way home n 3 teenagers (n their parents)need someone who knows where theyre going..

thanks in advance

clyv

Level Contributor
556 posts
1,210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in oman ..Itinerary?

I only got 3 days in Oman, but it was good. I hired a car at the airport, spent one day driving around the Muscat area looking at castles, museums, the corniche and the souq, the next day I left early and visited Nizwa and Jebel Shams, the last day I drove south to Sur, which didn't have much except for seaside scenery. I found Muscat quite interesting - if you just did that plus a day or overnight trip to the Jebel Akhdar area (about 2 hours drive to Nizwa, another 1.5-2 hours to somewhere like Jebel Shams, which has a resort), you'd probably enjoy it. Probably wouldn't even need a guide as the roadsigns and maps are good, plus many Omanis speak English. Can't help with hotels as I stayed at the cruddy Corniche Hotel.

Oman
Level Contributor
101 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in oman ..Itinerary?

to mrdom:

I agree that Oman is a great place for selfdrive jorney. But you have to be prepared for the trip and study the sites. Then you will enjoy it.

I am not agreed with you that Sur side has nothing except for the seaside scenery. Ther are a lot to see and explore! It is one of the most enjoyable sides in Oman.

3. Re: 3 days in oman ..Itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:39 pm, September 19, 2013
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in oman ..Itinerary?

HI all

We are also hoping to head to Muscat for 2 nights/3 days while on our stopover in Dubai end of November/beginning of Dec. Would appreciate any recommendations/insights as to where to go, tours, transport, and budget but clean accommodation for three.

Thanks!

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,305 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in oman ..Itinerary?

May I suggest you start by looking at the top toolbar as things to do,where to stay and where to eat are all there.

Also look at the "Oman" page as that has wider information around the Muscat area and do the same with that toolbar.

(to get to the Oman page,click on the blue "Muscat Governorate forums" immediately above this forum,then the blue "Oman")

hope this helps

SS

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days in oman ..Itinerary?

Hi,

I think it would be well worth your while to rent a car and spend a day in Muscat visiting the mosque and Mutrah. The roads are good and also quite. If you head to Wadi Shabb which is south of Muscat towards Sur it is well worth the trip. Also the turtles in Ras Al Jinz at Sur are brilliant and well worth the trip. It is not a big drive and the turtles are all year round. If you want to relax then resorts north of Muscat are good and you can snorkel or scuba dive in the Dayminiyat Islands to see the coral reefs which have lots of fish and amazing corals. You might get more info at www.travellingforfun.com/oman if you want more.

Ross

7. Re: 3 days in oman ..Itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 25, 2014