We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go to Muscat with my grandfather

Which Muscat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Go to Muscat with my grandfather

Hi, my Grandfather (83) asked me to join him on a trip to Muscat in a few weeks.

He had an operation at his hip (hip prosthesis) in November and is still not able to walk long distances by foot.

Is it possible to move around with local public transportation or should we better use a taxi/cab. I'm afraid to drive a car on my own and my Grandfather should better not.

Are there any special clothing regulations? Of course I will wear no short trousers, bermudas, but is it ok to wear a capri-trouser? This will cover half of the lower leg. And a shirt or blouse that longs to the ellbow?

At the mosque of course additional a scarf for the head.

1. Re: Go to Muscat with my grandfather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 10, 2014