We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramadan in Muscat

Which Muscat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manama
2 posts
Save Topic
Ramadan in Muscat

I'm planning to visit Muscat from 20th to 27th July with my 5 year old son. Are there any interesting activities for him to do and could I use Barr Al Jissah's pool for a day?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramadan in Muscat

I find Muscat VERY restrictive in Ramadan as a non-fasting expat!!! I dont think you can use the Shangri La pool facilities as a day visitor, you will need to check. It's also very very hot and humid here right now.

Ramadan here is not like Dubai......bars are closed ALL month and very few places open for coffee/lunch during the day. Some hotels may have a screened off area for people who arent fasting.

Manama
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramadan in Muscat

Thanks for your reply. Guess I'd have to look at another destination then!

Oman
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramadan in Muscat

Looking to see you after Ramadan with nice weather .

4. Re: Ramadan in Muscat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 19, 2013