We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chedi, Shangrila or Al Bustan

liverpool
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Chedi, Shangrila or Al Bustan

I'm sure this question has been asked many times before but I thought if I gave specific details somebody may be able to give some comments which will help us decide on these hotels.

We are two single girls in our 40's travelling to Muscat in April 2012. We'd like a luxery hotel on the beach were we can chillout for a few days and celebrate a birthday. We are happy to eat in the hotel or will have a car to enable us to go out in the evenings. We would like a Spa but understand the Al Bustan doesnt have one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciate.

Many Thanks

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chedi, Shangrila or Al Bustan

For my money it's the Shangrila. It's somewhat removed from Muscat, as is the Al Bustan, but it's in a sort of cove with a decent beach. The beach at the Chedi is somewhat ugly. All 3 have decent swimming pools, so if the beach isn't the main draw, then any of the 3 are good. Car rentals in Muscat are reasonable so the ShangriLa distance from town is not insurmountable. Traffic once past the Al Bustan and heading towards the ShangriLa is usually minimal.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,836 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chedi, Shangrila or Al Bustan

Shangri La, Al Husn every time.

Just returned and I am in the process of doing the reviews on Al Husn and Al Bustan and will post links soon.

SS

3. Re: Chedi, Shangrila or Al Bustan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, March 05, 2013