We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa needed?

Which Muscat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visa needed?

Hi all, I just booked a flight from LHR to DXB with Oman Air connecting in MCT.

Never travelled indirect before, and would like to kow if UK citizens will need a visa at all when entering Oman?

I read that to pass through immigration you need to run to traveled bureau and get a tourist visa or around 20 OR.

Also, does anyone know what terminal I am likely to arrive at because my itinerary says 'unknown'?

Edited: 3:55 pm, November 01, 2011
Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,378 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa needed?

Unless you're thinking of leaving the airport in MCT before your onward flight to DXB you'll be in transit and shouldn't require a visa to enter Oman.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa needed?

The terminal will probably be "Muscat."

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,426 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa needed?

If you are in transit for your onward flight you will not need an entry Visa,only if you are leaving the airport and entering Oman.

If your onward flight is also with Oman Air your luggage will be checked through to DXB and you will be issued with boarding passes for both flights at check in at LHR. After disembarkation at MCT the bus will drop you at Arrivals and you should then follow the "Transit/Transfers" to Departures for your onward flight.

As greasy says-your Terminal is Seeb,Muscat, the only other terminal is for Royalty and Dignitaries!

Penn Yan, New York
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa needed?

Is it possible to tour Muscat from the cruise terminal by doing it yourself, say by taxis or bus (please give approximate cost) without joining the cruise's excursion? We will arrive on Sunday morning and the ship is scheduled to leave at 18:00. What can we see within the time available? Many thanks.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,426 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa needed?

As this thread is about Visa at Seeb, can I recommend you input "cruise ship" in the spyglass search feature above and that will bring up loads of answers to your question.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
104 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa needed?

Betty, as Silverswimmer mentioned you should repost with "Muscat arriving on Cruise" or something similar as a separate post you'll get better response. But from what I know and it isn't much as far as arriving by cruise ship, I was in Muscat when a cruise ship was docked, we were visiting for the day by car from Nizwa, it was a Royal Caribbean ship and seemed to dock right in town and saw alot of cruiseship passengers walking about, seemed easy to get around by foot, you can certainly hire a taxi but I do not know the cost. You may want to take one of the excursions to the Nizwa area, it was fabulous, we were there about 4 or 5 nights on our driving trip through Oman. Have a great cruise.

Mary Ann

Muscat Governorate...
Level Contributor
27 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa needed?

I guess everyone pretty much answered your question, for transit: nope, leaving the airport : yes u would require a via, be prepared to pay 20 OMR rials

8. Re: Visa needed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 05, 2012