We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Guana Cay early October

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Great Guana Cay early October

We are planing to go to Great Guana Cay Oct 5th - Oct 12. I am aware this could be hurricane season but we are taking our chances. The owner of the house we are renting is wiling to to work with us. My question is if there is anything closed that we would miss. We want to chill and rent a boat for a few days but is Nippers open and still fun? Any thoughts on this time of the year is welcome.

Thanks

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Guana Cay early October

You would get a lot more answers if you were to post your question on the very active Abaco forum at www.abacoforum.com. There is a "new members" board and a "main discussion board"- try the newcomers first and if you don't get enough help then try the main discussion board. I have never been that time of the year. We are headed to GGC in late June and have been to the Abacos quite a few times but always May-August.

Good luck and enjoy!

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,348 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Guana Cay early October

When we were there the bartender told us that Nippers only closes on Christmas Day, I believe. In other words, they don't close during the low season like some other establishments do.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
878 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Guana Cay early October

All of our Out Island trips have been in either September or October. I guess we've been lucky weather wise. It has always been warm (the air and the water), less crowded, but not empty (except for most beaches which is a good thing), many restaurants still open, and so relaxing and fun! You will have a blast!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Guana Cay early October

Grabbers and Nippers should be open. Not much in the way of commercial business on GGC to "close". Lots of places on nearby Cays do close from mid to late August thru October. It is a good idea to do your grocery shopping on Marsh Harbour before going over to GGC. I would def recommend Abacoforum.com!

5. Re: Great Guana Cay early October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 05, 2014