We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport

dublin
Level Contributor
62 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
transport

Hi Just wondering if it would be difficult to get to Montano Lucino from Bergamo airport, flying to Bergamo in May and really am looking for somewhere in Lake Como that would be easy to reach from the airport in Bergamo.Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
530 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport

I have two questions: 1) Why Montano Lucino? Are you travelling on business or looking to be near the hospital?

2) Easy to reach by hire car or public transit?

dublin
Level Contributor
62 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport

Neither, I just found a nice hotel their, but have since found the hotel Barchetta in Como, Do you think this is a good choice, I thought as we were arriving into Bergamo airport at 8pm it may be easier to get to Como,

Also I would appreciate any advice on transport to Como from Bergamo I see a bus runs but am unable to find a time table, The train seems to take forever. Or would a taxi be very expensive.?

Thanks for your help.

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
530 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport

The only direct bus I'm aware of has only three daily runs, the last of which doesn't leave Orio al Serio until 10.45 p.m. Unless you're willing to rent a car, your only option will be to shuttle to Bergamo station for the train or bus to Milano Centrale to train. Either is likely to take you a couple of hours. A private car service would be a bit faster, probably more in the area of an hour to an hour and a half.

The problem with Bergamo to Como is that you're forced to dip back down to Milan, away from the lake, with the motorway only to then go back up to Como on the other side. It would be a little easier (definitely shorter distance-wise and therefore faster) to get to Varenna in the midlake area, if you wanted to do so.

dublin
Level Contributor
62 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport

Thanks for the information I will look at Varenna

Reply to: transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Montano Lucino
Recent Conversations