We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garantie extension villegiature?

Which Guemene-sur-Scorff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Garantie extension villegiature?

I'm trying to rent a holiday apartment in Brittany and the proprietor has asked me for this. I have sent him an email stating that this simply does not exist in GB - i.e. household insurance is just for your own house. I gather that French rental insurance does not cover the property for damage caused by tenants (weird) and so they have to 'bridge the gap' by getting the tenants to ask their household insurance to 'extend' their own household insurance to another property. I don't believe a UK house insurer will do this.

I have explained to the proprietor that my travel insurance covers me to the tune of £2 million for personal liability (which I believe is "responsabilite civile"). From the reviews for this property, I know he has rented to other British people, so how do they get round this? Otherwise I don't see how a British person can rent a private property in France. Has anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Edited: 7:03 am, March 01, 2014
2 replies to this topic
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garantie extension villegiature?

Sorry, post got into the wrong forum. Should just have been Brittany!

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garantie extension villegiature?

Peeve never rented a home in France, gut have many holiday places including many mobile homes and chalets within complexes. In each case we have been asked if we wanted to take out an equipment damage insurance usually for about £14. If you chose not to take it they normally take a damage deposit of around 500 euros. Other tha. That we don't know and my wife is French.

Reply to: Garantie extension villegiature?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guemene-sur-Scorff