We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre paid travel cards/cash??

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Pre paid travel cards/cash??

Hi,

Can anyone give me any insight on pre paid travel cards. We are a party of 4 travelling to Smugglers Cove for 10 nights and although our stay is all inclusive we obviously want to do a couple of trips and maybe visit the town for a bit of retail therepy and enjoy a couple of beers here and there. Any idea how much cash to take and weather its better to take EC or American Dollars? I have always relied on my credit card before but exchange rates being what they are makes the extra spend a tad expensive. Any suggestions appriciated-thanks.

Winchester
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Pre paid travel cards/cash??

Sorry about late reply.

I have used a Halifax Clarity Mastercard to withdraw cash at several worldwide ATMS, most recently in Brazil and Tenerife.

There is no cash withdrawal fee and by paying off the total balance each month the interest at less than 13% per year means that you pay marginally just over £1 per £100 withdrawn.

See moneysavingexpert.com/travel/…halifax and halifax.co.uk/creditcards/…

12. Re: Pre paid travel cards/cash??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 09, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Cap Estate