We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woodland Lakes Lodges

Durham
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Woodland Lakes Lodges

Hi, has anyone ever stayed at these lodges? Do you have any tips, photos etc which you could send me?

Thanks

142 replies to this topic
Derby, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
71. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Yes they are its a straight road after thirsk I don't think youl have any problems finding it ha I didn't realise you were asking last year!

Liverpool, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
72. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Yes there is an oven. It's a oven microwave grill combi. Mess about with it ull get the hang of it we did.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
73. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Thanks thsts great :) x

Durham, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

We stayed here the final weekend in January 2013 and absolutely loved it. We have 3A which was Chestnut Lodge VIP. Although semi-detached with 3B the fencing area separating the two means you can't see across and once the hot tub is going you can't hear any noise from next door either (either that, or we get quiet neighbours!). The lodge itself was excellent, very clean and everything you could want, the shower is great too! We spent the first night staying in, spent the next day in York as the train station was only £5 taxi fare away. For the final day (Sunday) we were hoping to go for Sunday Lunch but it was fully booked on the day, strongly recommend you book in advance for this. We have just booked up again to go away End of January 2014 and can't wait. Hoping we get the same 3A again as some other hot tub areas do seem a little "open" shall we say but they are mainly the two storey lodges. Definitely recommend this holiday (we went as a couple).

Durham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
75. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Good Morning,

Sorry you have had a bad experience visiting woodlands lakes lodges, just thought I would let you know the park is now under new management and I am sure both will make you feel more than welcome should you visit again.

Edited: 2:31 am, November 29, 2013
nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Stayed at these lodges on 2 occasions. Lovely place lodges very very clean and very nice. Décor lovely and cosy. U won't be disappointed, down the road from Thirsk racecourse and close to local amenities including a small town centre, Tesco, pubs and a local cinema.

Manchester, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
77. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

For anyone that is thinking about staying at this place in the next few months do not stay in lodge 2a. I booked this for 3 nights for my birthday weekend and this lodge is disgraceful!

The glass cooking hob had a crack right across it, there chair in the living room had all the leather peeling off and was hidden behind a disgusting cushion. In the bedroom the bed side tables had all the wood chipped off the top and the material blind was covered in dust. In the bathroom there was a leak on the floor next to the toilet, the shower glass door was hanging as broke off its rails, the rubber panels were half hanging off and when we opened the window it nearly fell off! When we went to reception to complain and asked to be moved they were really un helpful and said they were fully booked and they already knew the state that the lodge. The site manager was there aswell and blamed hoseasons (who we booked it through)

Basically this site knows about this lodge and puts guests in it to see if they will just accept the state of it and if not just offer a refund. The manager said its due for a refurb in a couple of months! Hoseasons said they were never notified about the lodge needing a refurb and the site said to still take bookings. After driving two hours across the country my weekend was ruined. This was a chesnut VIP lodge, before you go ring and ask which one you are allocated into or say not 2a.

england
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

not sure where to give a review for these lodges, we have pics to post , the one we stayed in was 11a not good at all :(

east yorkhire
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

very nice place if you want to be out of the way its about 3 miles from Thirsk 5 mins in car

the site its self is very quite when we was there we had number 3 it was great right in a corner surrounded by bushes ,the hot tub was to die for

if your into fishing there is loads of lakes

there is a pub /restaurant on site beer prices and choice is dear but the Sunday cavalry is brilliant I would reserve if thinking of going

Thirsk village has plenty of pubs and shops a weatherspoons for breakfasts and other meals

plenty of take aways

real nice place been twice enjoyed both times

england
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

i have sent a complaint into hoseasons with photos, they are looking at it and will get bk to me, if anyone wants a luxury getaway and a private hot tub i would advise to look elsewhere

edit - if anyone is thinking of staying here our lodge was 11a, if you want to see pictures please e mail me

Edited: 7:19 am, January 20, 2014
Reply to: Woodland Lakes Lodges
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Carlton Miniott
Recent Conversations