We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sound of the sea?

Which Lipa Noi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
64 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Sound of the sea?

We are staying on Koh Samui for 13 nights. Part of the time will be in Bophut but I would also like to spend 4-5 in a quieter location where I can hear the sound of the waves at night. We are a family with 2 adults and 3 small children. Any recommendations for Lipa Noi?

5 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sound of the sea?

Nearly all the hotels in Samui are beachfront. But it's very unwise to leave windows and sliding doors open at night as you will get eaten alive by mozzies!!!

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
610 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sound of the sea?

Hi there, The Resorts which advertise beach front are often beach front because they are located beach side, but the accommodation is slightly set back, so not possible to hear the sound of the waves. You need to seek a Resort with beach bungalows these are normally situated close, or on the beach. Lipa Noi area I'm afraid I cant help with a Resorts don't really know this area. Ok to leave your windows open, safe and just put a mozzie plug in your socket, or many of the 5* Resorts have spray you can put in your room, no harm in asking. Lipa Noi Resorts are in the higher scale accommodation so they will go out their way to accommodate your requests :)

Good luck

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sound of the sea?

when are you coming to samui?

wind direction will be crucial for waves [no wind ,no waves , no sound ]

east side of samui is sheltered now till oct/november , at which time the wind will reverse direction and west side will be sheltered till about may

cheers

DC

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sound of the sea?

Hi

Yes I definitely recommend Lipa Noi, Taling Ngam area. This area are very quiet and you will have amazing sunset views. Check out The Sunset beach resort. There villas are very close to beach ( only a few steps). Or higher end one is The Intercontinental Baan Taling Ngam ( next to sunset beach resort ). Their Air bar have amazing breathe taking sunset views look over five islands.

Cheers.

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
64 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sound of the sea?

Thanks everyone. Excellent tips. We are coming in february. It may seem like a bizarre question so i really appreciate all your thoughts and opinions. I'mm check out the hotels recommended by sweetpea6468.

Reply to: Sound of the sea?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lipa Noi