We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay on a budget but not a backpacker

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay on a budget but not a backpacker

Booked to come to Koh Samui in Aug this year with my wife. sadly we only have 5 days in samui and really want to enjoy the beach, sea and hopefully a good resort on Lipa Noi.

We have been looking at Viva vaction resort or Kanook bury?

Really dont know where to stay for a nice relaxing time. our buget for samui is 3000 Baht night.

8 replies to this topic
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay on a budget but not a backpacker

For that amount of money pr. night, you should be able to get a pretty nice room.. Go look at hotels.com or tripadvisors own budget list. Good luck :)

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay on a budget but not a backpacker

Hi

If you can the room from kanok buri for 3000baht I think is very reasonable. Also checkout Lipa Lodge :)

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay on a budget but not a backpacker

Thanks for the feedback.

Ive read from a few people saying lipa Noi is too quiet? are there many reasonably priced restaurants around this area? Or should i look at Choeng Mon?

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay on a budget but not a backpacker

Yes Lipa Noi would be quieter than Cheongmon beach, Cheonmon you are within reach of restaurants both on beach and on the main road behind by walking. Cheonmon is not too far from fisherman village for friday night walking street, restaurants bars or to chaweng if you wan to more options of restaurants and bars and shops. Cheonmon is between bophut and chaweng beach 10-15 mins by taxi rides.

If you have to compare the two I am vote for Cheongmon beach. The beach are white soft sand beautiful and quiet.

With your budget have a look at

White House beach resort

Samui honey cottage

Cheongmon bungalow

Hope this help :)

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay on a budget but not a backpacker

Thanks for all you help sweet pea . In the end we decided to book Viva vacation resort. Was slightly over the budget but it seems to have a lot of great reviews.

If you have any advice on places to visit on Samui it would be much appreciated. (just hope we can drag ourselves away from the beach :-)

Any ideas on costs i havent been to Thailand for about 5 years and never to Samui .

So 5 days food and drinks, not looking for crazy partying hence Lipa Noi, and possible a day trip around the island.

Once again any advice would be fantastic :-)

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Stay on a budget but not a backpacker

Hi

Food and drinks I don't think it change much unless you re choosing the up scale restaurants or bars. We normally spend around $75-100 per person that's massage, snacks, light lunch and dinner and drinks. howevef some day we might spend more of less its depends on what we do or where we eat too oh we we do shopping.

Place to visit there's big Buddha temple and not far from you is temple with mummified monk, Lamai Sunday night walking street, Friday night walking street in fisherman village ( bophut beach) this will be opposite of the island from where you're stay, island hopping, visit to angthong marine national park, five island restaurants ( not too far from you) for sunset and gourmet meal( if is your thing), Airbar for sunset and view at intercontinental Baan Taling ngam hotel. The list just go on but to have more ideas there's FAQ on the right hand side of Thai page for thins to to and see.

For the trip around the island if you don't want to use the tours you can do it by your own by hiring the car instead. The drive is easy as koh Samui is just a small island only a couple of hour to drive around. You can organize a car hire form your hotel ( you will need international driving permit) and the hotel tour desk can also organize the day trip for you. Most tours will pick up and drop off at your hotel. If driving is not your thing then perhaps these people might be able to help you with the tour around the island www.mrsamui.webnode.com/ www.samuiislandexplorer.com/

Good luck

Edited: 7:32 pm, March 17, 2013
Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Stay on a budget but not a backpacker

Thanks again for all the info sweet pea your a star. im guess the only thing we have to work out now is how to make ourselves leave at the end of the trip!

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Stay on a budget but not a backpacker

Just re read my post # 6 I had so many error with my spelling ( i use iPad and thought i turned off auto correct but obviously not) sorry:(

Travel safe and will look forwards to your trip report upon our return home :)

Reply to: Where to Stay on a budget but not a backpacker
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lipa Noi