We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse riding in goa ?? The answer

Which Betalbatim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
5 posts
Save Topic
Horse riding in goa ?? The answer

I have been to india 5 times now over the last fifteen years. I used to go to a bar in betilbatim and ride a horse called queeny. over the years i saw her have a foal. I have tried googling this and cannot find anything now. only forums on here where people have asked the question and their answers that say" your mad there are no horses in goa". WELL there was I rode her 6 times from betalbatim to colva. met my partner had a quick beer then rode back. If any one remembers this let me know, would like to know what happened to them. (I rode her in 2004, 2007, 2008 twice, 2010 twice., they had another two horses i think. so the answer to the first question i saw YES there were horses in goa when you asked.

Edited: 2:01 pm, May 02, 2013
Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse riding in goa ?? The answer

You still see horses on that stretch of beach so probably the same one's.

John

uk
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse riding in goa ?? The answer

Thank you for that, was worried she has gone, i can stop googling now, cheers,

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse riding in goa ?? The answer

The horses where at Greenlands almost as far as Majorda.

Janine is now back in the UK I understand as she had a baby. The people in that area or Alex's bar will give details I am sure.

I haven't seen the horses along the beach lately but then I have not been on the beach much this year.

4. Re: Horse riding in goa ?? The answer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:31 am, September 17, 2013
Dartford, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse riding in goa ?? The answer

Yes there were horses at Greenlands when Janine was there, my husband and I have taken over the restaurant from Janine who is also a friend, but unfortunately the horses are no longer there. The local equivalent of the council decided that the horses could no longer be ridden on the beach, therefore they were not getting any exercise so they were given away to people who could look after them. I'm also afraid Queenie passed away about a year or so ago. Should you visit Goa this season do come and meet us, Claire & Roger, our website is www.greenlandsgoa.com

uk
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Horse riding in goa ?? The answer

Hi Thanks you very much for answering my question, I m saddened that she is gone, was hoping to win the lottery and move there and buy her and her foal. :( I have a picture of me on colva beach I have added it to your photos, hope you dont mind. thanks again vicky

Save Reply
7. Re: Horse riding in goa ?? The answer

Do farms in Goa keep horses? Perhaps the famous farm in Siolim,BBardez, Goa. Today we saw a young brown horse grazing & we wanted to show a little boy after collecting him from school but the horse must have wandered off to the fields. In the past in 1975/1976 I have seen tourists riding on my road near Chowgule college7,Margao.

Save Reply
8. Re: Horse riding in goa ?? The answer

Do farms in Goa keep horses? Perhaps the famous farm in Siolim,BBardez, Goa. Today we saw a young brown horse grazing & we wanted to show a little boy after collecting him from school but the horse must have wandered off to the fields. In the past in 1975/1976 I have seen tourists riding on my road near Chowgule college7,Margao.

Save Reply
9. Re: Horse riding in goa ?? The answer

Save Reply
10. Re: Horse riding in goa ?? The answer

I want to know where horses can be found in GOA ?

Get answers to your questions about Betalbatim
Recent Conversations
More Betalbatim Topics