We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mobiles

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
mobiles

Is it worth taking our mobile phone on holiday to Goa>Have seen on TA somewhere that difficult to use and not worth taking Can any help this Silver surfer????

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mobiles

ard,,if its unlocked u will have no probs ,,u will get a indian,sim,ok, u will need a to take it to a,phone shop,ect to sort out for u ,,u will meed photos,passport,ect but its easy to do no prob,,think thay just started a 3 month only for us holiday makers,,lol,,bye u will get more info thats for sure lol,,,bye ps thats if some new rule not come out ,,yet thay like to keep u thinking,,

Edited: 11:58 am, November 26, 2012
London
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mobiles

if you want to use it as a phone then it'll work just fine, just make sure you have roaming and international dialling enabled with your telco. i had mine with me last year and it worked fine everywhere without any problems for making calls and texting.

if you want to use it for web surfing, then there are serious cost implications involved unless you have a decent roaming data bundle package with your telco. i had my iphone with me last year and the 3G connection was intermittent in places and very time of the day dependant to.

alternatively you could buy a local SIM card with a local data bundle, however you will need to make sure that your phone is unlocked (accepts any SIM card). i can't really help further than that though.

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
297 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mobiles

I would not take an expensive phone with you,I leave my Iphone at home and just take a cheap mobile with me, if I want the internet I go to an internet cafe in the hotel. No free WIFI when I last went and it was very expensive.

London
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mobiles

You might want to read this regarding a change to obtaining local sims. tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k5…

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mobiles

thanks for information helped a lot We will check the phone As Im a senior person dont have super duper phone , so only want to able to phone or text home for emergensies. That sounds as if we can so thanks again

6. Re: mobiles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, February 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Betalbatim
Recent Conversations
More Betalbatim Topics