We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exploring goa

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
exploring goa

we are going to Goa for the first time staying at Martins corner Have read reviews and all sound really good. As we are older folks the idea of hiring motor bikes to get around isnt an option anymore Can anyone advise if other transport is readly available.Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,865 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exploring goa

Taxis. There will be plenty of them, but bear in mind that taxis in south Goa are not particularly cheap, and you'll find they can add quite a bit to your holiday. Martin's Corner is very nice (I assume it's Martin's Comfort you're staying at), but it is a bit out of the way, so you will need to get taxis to get anywhere else. The food at Martin's Corner is OK, but there's loud entertainment every night (which you may well like - we're all different!), and it's quite pricey compared to other restaurants in the area.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: exploring goa

Hi,

There are always plenty of taxis available at Martins Corner, you won't have trouble finding one.

Sarah

x

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: exploring goa

thanks for information really looking forward to going after reading all reviews when were you there?

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,865 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: exploring goa

Not sure if you mean me or Sarah. I've never stayed at Martin's Comfort, but I know where it is because I've stayed in that area on and off since 1991. Last there for six weeks in january/February this year.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: exploring goa

Hi londongoa As you have stayed in that area. Any tips on where to eat and drink will be a party of 6 adults ages from 40 to 70. we have mostly traveled around the greek islands and enjoy meeting the locals and visiting the tavernas they use.So we would be very interested in the offbeat places Also my husband tends to base prices on the cost of a beer,So would be nice to hear from you about cost of food and drink Thanks again for information so far Irene

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
324 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: exploring goa

I'm sure Londongoa will reply too but having visited the area many times too you will have quite a choice from your location but as mentioned you may need to hop in a taxi (or 2!); in nearby Majorda (a 15-10min walk along a reasonably well lit road - take a torch each!) there is a choice of restaurants, mainly small places down the main street & in larger Colva (other direction & def a taxi ride) a wider choice inc some larger restaurants too - all of these do 'change' from year to year inc their names so best to experiment or ask again closer to when you are going as others may have just got back. The other alternative is the beach shacks of which there are many along South Goa's v long beach inc around Majorda & Betalbatim both of which you are close to - ask 10 people & you will probably get 10 different favourites but in my exprience they are all fairly similar menu & price wise it's just little things like position on beach, layout etc that sets them apart and of course the owners/staff.

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves & join the many Goa regulars!

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,865 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: exploring goa

When are you going?

8. Re: exploring goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, November 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Betalbatim
Recent Conversations
More Betalbatim Topics