We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sougia in winter

Rehovot, Israel
2 posts
Sougia in winter

Dear Sougia connoisseurs, I'm thinking of going to Sougia (by bus) on Wednesday 5 of March (in 3 days). Can anybody tell me if there are rooms to stay available in this time of the year? (something inexpensive perhaps?) and is any of the restaurants (or food stores) open in March or should I bring my own food? Is the bus reliable on winter? I will need to take the bus back early on Friday to be able to get to the airport (in Chania) at time. Do you think it will be too adventurous to take the bus to Paleochora on Wednesday and trust that I will be able to take the Ferry boat to Sougia on Thursday, and then the bus from Sougia to Chania on Friday morning?

Chania, Greece
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Sougia in winter

You'll find rooms (just go around in the village, find someone and ask) but maybe nowhere to eat. I think that the minimarket might open sometimes. You could ask Eleni at www.sougia.info/hotels/arhondiko/index.htm She owns the minimarket so she should know.

The bus Sougia - Chania runs normally, see KTEL time-tables.

I would not rely on the ferries to run in March. They do run sometimes but it's very weather dependent (and the mood of the captain matters as well). Guess that you could try and if there is no ferry you can either walk or take a taxi.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20,962 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Sougia in winter

Eleni's accommodation at Arhondiko is very good, and if she is open, it would be a good place to stay, so ask her about that, too.

Rehovot, Israel
2 posts
3. Re: Sougia in winter

Thank you very much for your answers. I'm in Chania now, and I think I will take the bus tomorrow (first I want to check about the weather). It is just a bit difficult to leave Chania - I love this town. Thanks again - I really looking forward to visit Sougia. Thanks again.

4. Re: Sougia in winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 pm, March 23, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sougia