We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying fresh fish in Ag Nik

Liverpool
1 post
Save Topic
Buying fresh fish in Ag Nik

Hi. Is it possible to purchase freshly caught fish from the fishermen in Agios Nikolaos as they land ashore? I'm sure I've read somewhere that it is possible but can't remember where I read it.

If so, what time?

london
Level Contributor
278 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying fresh fish in Ag Nik

Hi just got back from Agios Nikolaos yesterday ...Yes you can buy fish in the morning from the boats ...Time varied a little about 8 am ...They had landed a huge Swordfish one day and were just cutting chunks off !!! It is a lovely village and very friendly ...Ask anyone what you want to know and they will help ..If you need any more info before you go I will try to help ...Have a fab holiday !!

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying fresh fish in Ag Nik

Hi - sorry to hijack your topic, but it got me wondering.

Is there anywhere in Ag Nicholaos that sells disposable barbeques?

Also is there small boat hire there?

I just love the thought of buying my lunchtime fish and heading off for a deserted little cove.

Havent been to the Pelopenese before but are ardent Greek fans, and have just booked to go to Agios Nikalaos this coming June.

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying fresh fish in Ag Nik

Perhaps try your luck en route from the boat with a cheap fishing line bought locally?

london
Level Contributor
278 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying fresh fish in Ag Nik

I can not help you about boat hire .. There is a small supermarket but might have to go to Stoupa for BBQ ... When you get there go to Greggs bar he also rents cars and knows everything .. So he would be able to help ! Lovely little fishing village .. We loved it

Edited: 9:48 am, February 21, 2013
Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying fresh fish in Ag Nik

mike,

not sure bout ag nic, but i noticed in elunda every day at around noon a guy pulled up outside the kafeneon in his van with all fresh fish on the back not sure what they were but they were quite big.

dont know the name of the kafeneon, but if you sat outside the front of dimitris steak house in the main square across from the church and look to your left there is a takeaway and next door to that is the kafeneon you would see the van pull up. i would suggest that you sit in the kafeneon as loads of local characters but the toilets are minging and would put you off your fish lol

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying fresh fish in Ag Nik

oops,

i am so very sorry. dont know how i ended up on this forum. wrong one lol ignore last post. so sorry

7. Re: Buying fresh fish in Ag Nik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, August 06, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos